My Computer Icon Missing
Tatar
2005-02-06 16:41:16 UTC
On a pentium II with a Win 98 Second Edition computer the MY Computer icon
is missing. How can I put it back as I like to access Dial-Up networking,
Printers etc through it.
Don Phillipson
2005-02-06 16:46:12 UTC
Post by Tatar
On a pentium II with a Win 98 Second Edition computer the MY Computer icon
is missing. How can I put it back as I like to access Dial-Up networking,
Printers etc through it.
TweakUI is the most convenient tool, with both
a Repair Icons module and direct control of which
system icons show on the desktop. If uninstalled
look on the instal CD for "Powertoys", select
TWEAKUI.INF and right click to instal.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)
Bill Watt
2005-02-07 06:15:04 UTC
Post by Tatar
On a pentium II with a Win 98 Second Edition computer the MY Computer icon
is missing. How can I put it back as I like to access Dial-Up networking,
Printers etc through it.
If you see it in Windows Explorer above the floppy (A) try right
clicking it and create a shortcut, it will appear on the Desktop.

It might be hidden behind another icon, right click the desktop and
try lining them up or move each icon a little until you see it
behind another one.

Regards,

Bill Watt
Computer Help and Information http://home.epix.net/~bwatt/
Tatar
Bill Watt
2005-02-07 23:15:28 UTC
I would run an updated virus scan because it's missing from Windows
Explorer and the Desktop. The shortcut I mentioned works except
getting properties on it just shows the shortcut properties not the
usual drop down menu.